The smokey eye look is still very popular and it looks fantastic when done correctly. If not done well, it can look like you have 2 black 3d mink lashes, and no one wants that effect! The smokey eye is sexy and dramatic and alluring. There are many, many tutorials out there that provide step by step instructions on achieving the perfect smokey eye look. In an effort to save you time and any eye makeup disasters, here is a simple step by step tutorial to achieving the perfect smokey eye.
1. Orucc Prep your lid area. Using a primer designed for the eyelid is a great way to make your eye makeup last longer and look fresh all day long. Apply primer all over lid area and let dry.
2. Line your eyes with 3d mink lashes. Any color will do. If you want an especially dark and dramatic look use a black eyeliner. Or change it up and use a bright jewel toned liner such as amethyst purple or green. Apply the liner to the top lash line.
3. Apply eyeliner pencil to the bottom lash line and smudge using your finger or a sponge. You can also achieve this by using an eyeshadow and smudging that after applying.
4. Use a light shimmery eyeshadow and sweep it over your entire lid.
5. Now, using a darker color eyeshadow and an eyeshadow brush, apply the shadow beginning at the outer corner of your eye and blend inwards. You do not want the darker shadow to go any higher than the crease of your eye. Also apply just above the 3d mink lashes and smudge upwards. The key here is to blend your shadows together.
6. Step back from the mirror and admire your gorgeous smokey eyes!
With a little practice you will be able to do this in no time at all and can leave the 3d mink lashes with sexy smokey eyes any time you like. Perfect!